Thursday, February 25, 2010

In Memory of Davie Crocket

Well, it's been over a month and no sign of Davie, our cat. It's been hard, we've looked everywhere, but no sign of him. I'm afraid that he's met with a bad end. Daniel's been hoping that someone has taken him in, not realizing that he's ours, but I think he'd have slipped out and returned if that was true. He was such a great cat! Cuddly and so sweet! But he loved the outdoors and it wouldn't have been right to keep him inside. I feel terrible because before Daniel moved in here, he'd had Davie for years at his old place, letting him in and out, without incident. But apparently, my neighborhood is NOT cat-friendly. I'd lost my own cat years before to traffic. She'd been a terrific cat as well, named Lil' Bit. I suppose that we'll just need to wait until we move somewhere else before we get another cat. Now, we just need to figure out what to do with all these dogs! LOL (and NO, the dog's didn't do anything to Davie either... they loved playing with him and there aren't any signs in the back yard of foul play on their part.)

In loving memory of Davie, this blog will keep his picture and the title as-is.... at least for now.

~~K

No comments:

Post a Comment